- Integrations: The Struggle for Racial Equality and Civic Renewal in Public Education (with Zoe Burkholder), colloquium in Philosophy and History programs, Teachers College.
- “School Integration cannot bring about Educational Equality but is the Essential Foundation for Civic Education in a Multiracial Democracy,” conference on Philosophy and Race, University of San Diego (virtual)
- "The Absence of Social and Political Structuring of Defective Attention in Murdoch’s View of Obstacles to Loving Perception," conference on Iris Murdoch's Moral Philosophy, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario, CA
- "The Absence of Social and Political Structuring of Defective Attention in Murdoch’s View of Obstacles to Just Perception," Iris Murdoch Centennial conference, St. Anne's College, Oxford Univ.
- "How Philosophy Can Help Us Understand Race, Ethnicity, and Identity," Keynote Address at Emmanuel College Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
- “Educational Justice in Higher Education from a non-elite perspective,” session on Philosophical Perspectives on Power and Higher Educational Policy: Access, Autonomy, Freedom, and Ethics, American Society for Higher Education (ASHE), Tampa, FL
- 4 talks at Chinese Foreign Affairs University (CFAU), Beijing, June 2017: "Race, Ethnicity, and Pan-ethnicity as Social Groups and Personal Identities in the US," "Moral Education About Race in the Film 'Crash'." "The 2016 Academy Award-Nominated Films," "Race, Racial Identity, and Racial Inequality in Brazil and the US"
- “Failing to Experience Black Humanity in Lethal Police Encounters,” Virtue, Emotion, and Imagination in Legal Reasoning conference, Instituto de Investigaciones Filosóficas,, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), March 2017
- “Neoliberal Philosophy and Practice in Educational Reform: Marketizing, Consumerism, and Civic Value,” presentation to Education department, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico City, March 2017
- “Neoliberalism and civic purposes in education,” Association for Moral Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Dec 8, 8:30 AM
- ”Color blindness in the US and non-racialism in South Africa as civic ideals,” Association for Moral Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Dec 8, panel presentation on race and civic education, 5:00 PM
- “Neoliberal philosophy and practice and its influence on education reform,” New England Philosophy of Education Society, University of New Hampshire
- “Biology, Religion, and Culture in Racial Thought and Racial Domination in South Africa and the US”, Keynote address, Rocky Mountain Ethics Conference, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Panel presentation on affirmative action, Center for Values and Social Policy, University of Colorado Boulder.
- "Teaching a high school course on race and racism," University of Colorado Boulder School of Education.
- “Biology, Religion, and Culture in Racial Thought and Racial Domination in South Africa and the US,” Workshop on Race and Racism: Exploring Racial Injustice (organized in honor of Bernard Boxill), Stonehill College, MA, June 2016
- April 21, 2016-Panel presentation on Elizabeth Anderson’s Imperative of Integration (other panelists: M. Perina, J.L.A. Garcia, response by Anderson),
Location: University of Massachusetts Boston. Chancellor’s Conference Room, 3rd floor, Quinn Building, 10:15-12:00 Download Presentation [.docx]
- Panel presentation on Naomi Zack’s White Privilege and Black Rights: The Injustice of U.S. Police Profiling and Homicide, Central Division APA
- Panel presentation on neoliberalism and civic education, at Philosophy of Education Society annual conference.